Vimala Chenginimattam CMC
BEd at Jesus Training College, Mala, 2000
BTh at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, 1995-1999
Licentiate and Doctorate in Moral Theology from Alphonsian Academy, Rome.
Defended the Doctoral Thesis, Psycho- Moral Development of Girls and Women, May, 2006.
BEd at Jesus Training College, Mala, 2000.
BTh at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, 1995-1999.
BSc in Physics at Mercy College, Palakkad, 1990-1993.
2006 - onwards teaching at CMC Theology Centers at Carmel Jyothi Aluva and Jannodaya, Bangalore.
2010 - onwards Teaching at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore
Courses Taught: Fundamental Moral Theology; Conscience and its Formation, Formation for Affective Sexual Maturity, Virtue Ethics.
2006 - 2009 - Junior sisters Mistress at Carmel Jyothi, Aluva
2009 - 2013 - Novice Mistress In the Province, Udaya Provincial House, Irinjalakuda
2013 - 2016 - Directress and Junior Mistress of Jnanodaya, Bangalore.
2015 - 2018 - Provincial Councilor in the Province.
• Moral Theology
• Conscience Formation
• Gender Ethics
• Psycho - Moral Development of Girls and women
• Parenting and Moral Formation
• Vimala Chenginimattam, Resonating Different Voice, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2010.
• Vimala Chenginimattam ed., Faith Inspired Reason: A Handbook on Moral Theology, Aluva: Mt. Carmel Generalate, 2018.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Sexual Dilemma and Moral Reasoning,” Journal of Dharma 34 (January-March 2009) 107-116.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Gender Ethics in India,” Asian Horizons 4, 1 (June 2010) 98-113.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Gender Perspectives in India,” in Moral Theology in India Today, d. Shaji George Kochuthara, Bangalore:
Dharmaram Publications, 2013, 417-441.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Impact of Vatican II on Religious Life,” Sanyasa Journal of Consecrated Life 9, 2 (July- December 2014) 23-42.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Status and Role of Women Religious in a Gender Just Church,” in Gender Justice in the Church and Society, ed.
Shaji George Kochuthara, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2016, 183-192.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Ongoing Formation in Consecrated Life: Formation for a Mature Conscience,” in Consecrated Life for a Transformed World, ed.
Saju Chackalackal, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2016, 585- 594.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Redefining the Role of Women in the Church and the Society,” The New Leader 128, 5 (March 1-15), 2016.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Through Her Eyes: The Role of Women Theological Ethicists in Terms of the Future Development of Moral Theology,” in Doing
Theological Ethics in a Cross- Cultural and an Interreligious Ethics, eds. Yiu Sing Lúcás Chan, James Keenan and Shaji George Kochuthara, Bangalore:
Dharmaram Publications, 2016, 305-311.
• Vimala Chenginimattam, “Daughter of the Church to Doctor of the Church: St. Teresa of Avila- A Role Model for Women Religious,” Asian Horizons
12, 1 (March 2018) 129-146.
1. DVK National Seminar on Moral Theology, Bangalore, 2012.
2. Association of Indian Moral Theologians, Pune, October 25-28, 2012.
3. Congress in Preparation for 5th Birth Centenary of St. Teresa of Avila, Bangalore, 28 November – 1st December, 2013.
4. Second DVK National Seminar on Moral Theology, Bangalore, 2014.
5. Consecrated Week Seminar, “Bringing God’s Embrace: Living and Radiating the Joy of the Gospel,” 6-8 February 2015, Sanyasa, Bangalore.
6. Pan-Asian Conference of Catholic Moral Theologians held in Bangalore, July 17- 20, 2015.
7. International Conference on Consecrated Life, Dharmaram Vidaya Kshetram, Bangalore, January 7-9, 2016.
8. Annual meeting of the Association of Moral Theologians of India, Niveditha, Chunangamvely, Aluva, 20-22 October 2017.
9. Third International Conference of Catholic Theological Ethics of World Church (CTEWC), Building Bridges for Future, Bosnia, Sarajevo, July 26030, 2018.
Udaya Provincial House,