Saji Mathew Kanayankal CST
Little Flower Major Seminary, Institute of Philosophy
and Religion, Aluva, Kerala. (1991-1993)
|Institution||Vidhya Bhavan, Bangalore|
|Diploma in Philosophy||Little Flower Major Seminary, Institute of Philosophy and Religion, Aluva, Kerala. (1991-1993)|
|Degree Studies||Union Christian College, Aluva, , Kerala. (M G university, BA Malayalam Lit. 1993-1996)|
BTh - Dharmaram Vidhya Kshethram, Pontifical Athenaeum of Philosophy, Theology and Canon Law, Bangalore, Karnataka (1996-1999)
MA (Religious Studies) and STD, PhD - (Specialisation in Ecology) Catholic University Leuven, Belgium (2009).
Title of Thesis: Beyond Human Dominion: An Appraisal of the Ecological and Ethical Implications of the Sabbath in
Reconsidering the Theology of Creation
2010-12: St. Thomas Benedictine Abbey,Kappadu, Kerala.
2010 : Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth, Kerala.
2011-14: Little Flower Major Seminary, Institute of Philosophy and Religion, Aluva, Kerala.
2012 : Dharmaram Vidhya Kshetram, Pontifical Athenaeum of Theology, Philosophy and Canon Law, Bangalore, Karnataka.
2012-14 : Niveditha, Chungumveli, Aluva.
2015: Sanathana, Divyakarunya Vidhyappetaham, MCBS, Major Seminary, Thamarasserry, Kerala.
2017 : St. Mary’s Malankara Major Seminary, Trivandrum, Kerala.
2018 : Mary Matha Major Seminary, Institute of Philosophy and Religion, Trichur, Kerala.
2018 : Jnanasameeksha, Diploma Course in Theology for Laity; Trivandrum and Kannur
2000-02 : Vice Rector and Procurator- Little Flower Minor Seminary, Poovathode, Kerala.
2002-04 : Superior and Rector- Little Flower Minor Seminary, Poovathode, Kerala.
2010-12 : Superior- Little Flower Ashram; Faculty- John Paul Memorial Educational Institutes, Labbakada, Kattappana, Kerala.
2012-18 : Provincial Superior, CST Fathers, St. Joseph’s Province, Aluva, Kerala.
2018: Superior and Rector- Vidhyabhavan, CST Fathers, Bangalore, Karnataka.
• Fundamental Moral Theology
• Ecology, Theology and Ethics
• Climate Change, Economy and Ethics
• Theology of Justice
• Natural law
1. Uneesoyude Visudha Cherupushpam (Malayalam), Little Flower Centenary Memorial Series no 4, Aluva: St Joseph’s Provincial House, 1996, 4 editions.
2. Beyond Human Dominion: Ecotheology of Creation and Sabbath (Bangalore: Asian Trade Cooperation,) 2012.
1. “Sanyasa Jeevitham: Sathyathinte Vazhiyil,” (Malayalam) Jeevadhara, Vol XXXII, No 188, April 2002, 132-1511.
2. "A Theological and Ethical Response to the Climate Change in the light of Biblical Covenant Tradition," with Prof Dr. Johan De Tavernier, in Ethics and Climate Change: Scenarios for Justice and Sustainability, ed. Matteo Mascia and Lucia Mariani (Padova: Coop. Libraria Editrice Universita di Padova, 2010).
3. “Apabrmshangale Vazhithiruvukalakki: Sabhayum Stahpakanum Naleyude Munbil”, (Malayalam) in Vallychan Vykhtiyum Dhuthyavum, ed.
Augustine Pamplany, Aluva: Little Flower Seminary, 2011, 257-266.
4. “Sabbathacharanathinte Paristhithimanangal,” (Malayalam) Mathavum Chinthayum, Book, 92, Issue 1, January- February, 2011, 27-37.
5. “Manushyavykthithavum, Paristhithikendreekruthamaya Mathaathmakathyum”, (Malayalam) Jeevadhara, Vol XLI, No 243, June 2011, 175-188.
6. “The Sabbath Commandment: An Innovative Scheme for Ecological Harmony.” Vidyajyothi Journal of Theological Reflection Volume 75,
No 7, July 2011, 492-507.
7. “Being in Harmony: Biblical Vision of Interconnected Existence”. Dharma, Vol 36, No3, July- September 2011, 275-288.
8. “The Wisdom of Sabbath Rest in a World of Consumerism”. Malabar Theological Review, Vol 07, No 1, 2012, 48-68.
9. “Naalam Thooninte Sathyanweshangal” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLII, No 249, June 2012, 167-175.
10. “Where do we g(row)o?: A Critique on Development from an Ecological and Ethical Perspective” in Moral Theology in India Today:
The DVK National Workshop on Moral Theology, ed. Shaji Kochuthara (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications) 2013, 369-389.
11. “Bhoomi: Bharatheeya- Kristava Dharashanagaliloode” (Malayalam) in Irulum Velichavum: Navasamskruthikke Oru Kristavabhashym,
ed Thomas Padiyath (Kunnoth: Good Shepherd Major Seminary) 2013, 298-302.
12. Vikasanavum Paristhithika Prathykhathankgalum, (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, June 2013.
13. “Open to Realities: Pope Francis Call for Inner Reformation,” Jeevadhara, Vol No November 2013, 460-450.
14 “Kristuvinjaniyahtilninnum Paristhithika Paadangal,” (Malayalam) in Khristu Darsanam: Sadhyatahaklum Samsyakalum ed.
Sebastian Chalackal (Calicut: Media House) 2013, 113-124.
15. “Economy Ecology and the Current Crisis” in Frozen Values A Theology of Money, ed. Mathew Illathuparmbil and Baiju Julian
(Aluva: Pontifical Institute of Theology and Philosophy) 2014, 109-130.
16. Christ and Cosmos: A Paradigm for Ecological Integrity in New Horizons in Christian Ethics, ed.
Shaji Kochuthara (Bangalore: Asian Trading Cooperation) 2014, 501-514.
17. Sustainable Development: A Tool to Ecological Protection in Church and Sustainable Development, ed Charles Irudayam,
(Bangalore: Asian Trading Cooperation) 2014, 96-111.
18. “Healing the Wounds: Gender Discrimination, Ecological Crisis and Shifting Paradigms” in Gender Justice in the Church and Society, ed.
Shaji Kochuthara (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications), 2016, 360-375.
19. “Gender Equality through the Prism of Ecological Virtues in Laudato si,” Journal of Dharma, Vol 41, No, 04, 2016, 437-456.
20. Sabbathu Dharshanthinte Paristhithika Prasakethi, (Malayalam) in Paristhithi Daivasahsthrathinu Oru Smakalleke Bhashyam, Vadavathoor:
ed Scaria Kanniyakonil, Oriental Institute of Religious Studies, 2016, 407-416.
21. Gender Equality through the Prism of Ecological Virtues in Laudato si in Feminine Genius, Perspectives and Projects, ed.
Saju Chakkalackal (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2016) 375-396.
22. “Nava Udaravathkaranayugathile Khristu Saskyam” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLVI, No 273, June 2016, 65-73.
23. Musing Together: Challenges and Prospects of Fraternity in Religious Life in Living the Joy of the Gospel Today: Challenges to the Family and to the Consecrated Life, ed. Shaji Kochuthara (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2017), 171-186.
24. “Celebration of Lord’s Day and Its Ecological Significance,” Aikya Samiksha, Vol 14, September, 2017, No 02, 70-91.
25. Renewal of Theology and Ethics in an Era of Ecological Crisis in Indian Moral Theology: Historical Studies and Future Prospects, ed.
Mathew Illathuparambil, (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2017) 160-173.
26. “Corruption in Society and Church: Theological Responses”, Encounter: A Journal of Interdisciplinary Reflections of Faith and Life,
Vol 9, No 1, January-June 2018, Thrissur, 108-126.
27. “Enthukondu Sabha Vittu Pokunnu?” (Malayalam), Talent, December 1997, 744- 750.
28. “Therese and the Church”. Therese of Lisieux, Doctor of the Church, Death Centenary Souvenir, The Souvenir Committee,
National Commission, The Theresian Carmelite Family, India, 1998, 39-42.
29. “Venam Himsaykum Oru Neethi Sasthram,” (Malayalam) Assisi, Volume 49, Issue 14, February, 2004, 37, 41-42.
30. “Ennikente Prakruthiye Thirichu Tharoo” (Malayalam), Sathyadeepam, 2012 February 8, 01 & 6.
31. “Parishithiyum Kristhava Dharmavum” (Malayalam), Karunikan, February 2012, 16-19.
32. Editorial, (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLII, No 249, June 2012, 163-165.
33. The ‘Littleness’ of Therese and ‘Be Little,’ in Golden Jubilee Souvenir, Little Flower Seminary, Aluva, 2013, 15-17.
34. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, June 2013.
35. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, June 2014.
36. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, June 2015.
37. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLVI, No 273, June 2016, 5-6.
38. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLVII, No 279, June 2017, 3-9.
39. “Editorial” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara, Vol XLVIII, No 285, June 2018, 5-9.
40. “Indian Penal Code Section 377 and the issues of Homosexuality,” Light of Truth, Vol 09, Issue 16, 2018 August 1-16, 11.
41. “Flood in Kerala: Turn Disaster into Opportunity”, Light of Truth, 2018 Vol 09, Issue 18, 2018 September 16-10, 11,15.
• VII International Conference on Ethics and Environmental Policies: Ethics and Climate Change. Scenarios Justice and Sustainability, Padova; 23-25 October, 2008. Paper presented; “A Theological and Ethical Response to the Climate Change in the light of Biblical Covenant Tradition”.
• ESCT International Conference: The Eager Longing for Creation- Interdisciplinary Theological Perspectives on Ecology and Economy, Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Ireland; 20-23 August 2009. Paper presented; “The Sabbath Experience: An innovative Scheme for Renewing Creation”.
• Leuven Encounters in Systematic Theology VII, To Discern Creation in a Scattering World, Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium; 28-31 October 2009. Paper presented; “The Implications of the Theology of Sabbath Rest for Ecological Ethics”.
• Forum for Liberation Theologies, Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium; The Global Climate Challenges: Discerning the Signs of the Time, 26 November, 2009. Paper presented; “The Human Activities’ Impact on Climate: Reflections based on Local Experiences”.
• Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth; Eco-Philosophy, Challenges and Promises: A Christian Response, 1-2 August, 2010. Paper presented;
“Christian Response to Ecological Challenges”.
• The Silver Jubilee Symposium, Ruhalaya Major Semianry, Ujjain MP; Christian Response to Contemporary Issues in Religions and Ethics, 25-26 August 2010. Paper presented; “Ecological issues and Christian Response”.
• AMTI Annual Conference, Ecological Concerns and Associated Social Movements: An Ethical Analysis, Nava Spoorthi Kendra, Bangalore; 29-31 October, 2010. Paper presented; “The Relevance of Sabbath Commandment in Ecological Issues.
• Pan Asian Conference of CTEWC, Doing Catholic Theological Ethics in a Cross-Cultural and Inter-religious Asian context, Dharmarm Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, 17- 20 July 2015. Paper presented; “Deep distrust on democracy: Implementation of Policies, Laws and its Ethical Challenges”.
• Chavara Year Event, Living the Joy of the Gospel Today: Challenges to the Family and the Consecrated Life, Dharmarm Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, 12-14, August 2015. Paper Presented: “Musing Together: Challenges and Prospects of Fraternity in Religious Life in Living the Joy of the Gospel Today”.
• National Conference on Feminine Genius, Women Leadership for a just and compassionate Society, Dharmarm Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, 29-30 July 2016. Paper Presented: “Gender Equality through the Prism of Ecological Virtues: Wisdom in Laudato si”.
• Living the Word in Worship Conference: St. Mary’s Malankara Major Seminary, Trivandrum; 13-14 January 2017, Paper presented;
“Celebration of the Lords day and its Ecological Significance”.
• 10th MEPC Symposium, Mary Matha Major Seminary, Trichur; “Salt of the Earth; Light of the World!" Interfacing Political Situation and Theological Reflection, 11-12 August 2017, Paper presented; “Corruption in Society and the Church: Theological Responses”.
• Third CTEWC Conference: A Critical Time for Bridge-Building: Catholic Theological Ethics Today,” Catholic High School St. Joseph, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; 26-29 July 2018. Paper presented; “Wisdom of Ecological Virtues in Anthropocene”.
Vidhyabhavan, CST Fathers,
P B No 2903, Christ School Road,
Dharmaram College PO,
Bangalore- 560 029