Matthew Marcel Coutinho
Studium Theologicum Salesianum
|Institution||Studium Theologicum Salesianum - Jerusalem|
M. Ph. – Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune - 1984.
L. Th. (Moral Theology) – Accademia Alfonsiana, Rome – 1999
Diploma in Bioethics - Universita Pontificia Regina Apostolorum, Rome – 2004
D. Th. (Moral Theology) – Accademia Alfonsiana, Rome – 2006
2009 – 2011 Professor of Moral Theology at Sacred Heart Theological College, Mawlai – Shillong
2011-2015 Visiting Professor at Sacred Heart Theological College, Mawlai, Shillong and St. Pius X College, Goregaon.
2015 - Professor of Moral Theology at Salesian Pontifical University – Jerusalem Campus Jerusalem
• Moral Education
• Conscience formation
• Sexual and Family ethics
• Medical ethics
1. Emmanuel Mounier’s Personalistic Vision of Man, (M. Ph. Dissertation) Pune: JDV, 1984.
2. Brahma-Jnana in the Katha Upanishad in Divyadaan – A Philosophical Annual 2 (1985-1986): 31-50.
3. Moral Education and the Role of the Moral Theologian, (Licentiate in Moral Theology Dissertation) Rome: Accademia Alfonsiana, 1999.
4. Christianity and Resistant Hinduism – The Matapariksa Controversy and the Ramakrishna Mission» in Divyadaan –
Journal of Philosophy and Education 11/2 (2000): 169-209.
5. Plato and the Immortality of the Soul in Divyadaan – Journal of Philosophy and Education 14/2 (2003): 191-216.
6. ‘ABC’ approach in HIV/AIDS prevention: Emerging Paradigm among FBOs in E-Journal – NAPSWI 1/2 (December 2008): 33-60.
7. The HIV/AIDS Pandemic – An Ethical Evaluation of the ‘ABC’ approach to Prevention with special reference to India.
(Extract of Doctoral Dissertation). Shillong: Don Bosco Press, 2011.
8. On the use of condoms to resolve the HIV/AIDS epidemic. The views of Pope Benedict XVI » in South Asian Symposium on Church’s Social Doctrine in honour of Blessed Pope John Paul II. Edited by Agnelo Gracias and Stephen Fernandes. Mumbai: CCBI Publications, 2012, pp. 263-274.
9. Moral Education as an Education to Discipleship in Grace and Competence in Pastoral Ministry – Essays to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Sacred Heart Theological College Shillong (1938-2013). Edited by Paul Vadakumpadan and Jose Varickasseril. Shillong: Vendrame Institute Publications, 2012, pp. 40-56.
10. Psychosexual Integration in Marriage in Psychosexual Integration & Celibate Maturity: Handbook for Religious and Priestly Formation.
Volume 2: Celibate Maturity. Edited by Jose Parappully and Jose Kuttianimattathil. Bangalore: Salesian Psychological Association –
South Asian Formation Commission of the Salesians, 2012, pp. 630-675.
11. Promoting Marital Fidelity in Family Life: Challenges in Society Today in Moral Theology in India Today: The DVK National Workshop of Moral Theology. Edited by Shaji George Kochuthara. Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2013, pp. 442-476.
12. Spiritual Direction: Elements that enhance the process in Empowering Workers in the Vineyard. Edited by Paul Vadakumpadan and Jose Varickasseril. Shillong: Vendrame Institute Publications, 2013, pp. 227-244.
13. The Hero and the Villain as Models for Moral Instruction: A Reflection on the Ramayana in Keeping The Faith: Festschrift for Joaquim D'Souza, SDB. Edited by Ivo Coelho. New Delhi: Media House, 2016, pp. 235-256.
14. Tracing Elements for Building a ‘Gender Just’ Ethos in the Family in Gender Justice in the Church and Society: Papers of the Second DVK National Seminar on Moral Theology. Edited by Shaji George Kochuthara. Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2016, pp. 111-127.
1. Attended the 5th Annual National Seminar on Social Work Response to HIV/AIDS - Involvement of Faith Based Organizations
in Social Work and HIV/AIDS (August 28 – 31, 2008) held at United Theological College, Bangalore and presented a paper entitled:
The contribution of Faith Based Organizations to the ‘ABC’ approach in HIV/AIDS prevention - A paradigm for future involvement
2. Attended the State-Level Seminar on Emerging Trends in Human Reproductive Technology (October 21, 2009) held at Lady Keane College, Shillong and presented a paper entitled: Ethical Issues concerning Human Reproductive Technology
3. Attended the 3-day seminar organized by the North-East Formation Council on “Response to Priestly Challenges Today with reference to Celibate Life” (17 to 20 May 2011) held at Pastoral Centre-Shillong and presented a paper entitled: The Sex Abuse Crisis and the Catholic Church
4. Attended the 3-day seminar organized by FABC-CCBI: “South Asian Symposium on the Social Doctrine of the Church” (14 to 16 October 2011)
at St. Pius College, Goregaon East, Mumbai and presented a paper entitled: Should condoms be used to resolve the HIV/AIDS epidemic Teaching of Pope Benedict XVI at a panel discussion on HIV/AIDS.
5. Attended the 4-day workshop entitled “Moral Theology in India today” (12-15 July 2012) at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, and presented a paper entitled: Promoting Marital Fidelity in family life – Challenges in society today.
6. Attended the Annual Meeting of the Association of Moral Theologians in India at De Nobili College, Pune (26 to 28 October 2012)
and presented a paper entitled: Moral Education as an Education to Discipleship: How this affects religious education
7. Attended the 3-day seminar organized by CCBI-Theological and Doctrinal Commission: “Celebrating 50 years of Vatican II: Our Journey in Faith in the Year of Faith - From Vatican II to Lumen Fidei” (25 to 27 October 2013) at St. Pius College, Goregaon East, Mumbai and presented a paper entitled: Catholic Church Teaching on Surrogate Motherhood and Test Tube Babies at a panel discussion on “Surrogate Motherhood and Test Tube Babies: Medical, Legal and Ethical Concerns affecting Family Life Today: From Gaudium et Spes to Dignitatis Personae”.
8. Attended the 4-day workshop Second National Seminar on Moral Theology in India Today: Gender Justice in the Church and Society July 17-20, 2014 at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, and presented a paper entitled: Mulieris Dignitatem: Tracing elements for building a ‘Gender Just’ Ethos in the Family.
9. Attended the 3-day National Seminar organized by CCBI-Theological and Doctrinal Commission and FIAMC: “Protecting, Preserving and Promoting the Gift of Human Life: Emerging Challenges” (27 to 19 October 2014) at St. Pius College, Goregaon East, Mumbai and presented a paper entitled:
The Pornography Menace: Critical Analysis and Pastoral Solutions at a panel discussion on “Critical Issues in Mental Health and Pastoral Solutions”.
10. Attended the 4-day Asian Cross-Cultural Conference organized by Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church – Asian Regional Conference: “Doing Catholic theological ethics in a cross-cultural and interfaith Asian context” (17 – 20 July 2015) at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, and presented a paper entitled:
The Hero and the Villain: Models for Moral Instruction. A Reflection on the Ramayana with its portrayal of Rama as the hero and Ravana as the villain .
11. Attended the 3-day conference: Living the Joy of the Gospel Today: Challenges to the Family and to the Consecrated Life (12 – 14 August, 2015) at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, and presented a paper entitled: The Family Today: Emerging Models .
Salesian Pontifical University – Jerusalem Campus,
26 Shmuel Hanagid, P.O.B. 733, 91072 – Jerusalem, Israel.
|Phone||+972 532 747714|
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|