Rev. Dr. Jose Koodapuzha
Good Shepherd major Seminary,
MA, STD, PhD
|Institution||Good Shepherd major Seminary|
|Studies||MA, STD, PhD|
Rector, St. Ephrem’s Theological College, Satna, MP 2005-2009
Dean of Studies, Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth 2012-2015
Ruhalaya Major Seminary, Ujjain
Sanathana MCBS Theologate Thamarassery
Missionary Orientation Centre, Kottayam
Heralds of Good News Major Seminary, Khammam, AP
John Paul II Institute of Marriage and Family CANA, Changanachery
Mary Matha College, Podimattam, Kanjirapally
Nirmala Theological College, Podimattam, Kanjirapally
Benedictine Theologate, Kappadu, Kanjirapally
1989, Asst. Vicar, Holy Cross Church, Kappadu
1989-1991 Asst. Vicar St. Mary’s Church, Elangulam,
Director Mission League (Elangulam Mekhala)
Director, Sunday School (Elangulam Mekhala),
Director, Altar Boys Association (Elangulam Mekhala),
Director Sanjos Balabhavan Elangulam.
1996, St. Thomas Church, Velichiany
1997-1998, Professor & Vice Rector, St. Mary’s Minor Seminary, Kanjirapally
1997-2004 Secretary, Syro-Malabar Ecumenical Commission
1998-2003, Director, Department of Catechesis, Kanjirapally Diocese
1998-2003, Director, Department of CML, Kanjirapally Diocese
2003-2005, Director, Pastoral Animation Centre, Anakkara
2003-2005, Vicar, St. George Church, Santhigiri
2015-2016 Vicar, St. Antony’s Church, Vanchimala
• STL : Human Dignity: with Special Reference to Gaudium Et Spes
• STD: Religious Freedom: With Special Reference to Dignitatis Humanae
1. Human Dignity in the Teachings of Vatican II: With Special Reference to the Pastoral Constitution
in the Church in the Modern World, Gaudium et Spes, OIRSI, Kottayam, 1998
2. John Paul II: Prophet of Life, Ephrem Publications, Satna, 2009
3. Free in Church: An Ecclesio-Moral Discussion on Religious Freedom, Good Shepherd Books, 2011
4. Church in the Orient, Good Shepherd Books, Kunnoth, 2012
5. Credo Domine: Lord I Believe, Good Shepherd Books, Kunnoth, 2013.
1. Laborem Exercens: A Reading from an Indian Perspective, VidyaJyoti Vol 59, No.4, April 1995, pp.251-259.
2. “Moonnam Sahasrabdhathilekku: Oru Padanam”, Luke Poothrukayil (ed) Moonam Sahasrabdhathilekku, Jeevan Books, Bharananganam, 1997, 174-198.
3. Sabhaikyam MahaJubilleeyude Niravinu, Leaflet Pastoral Animation Dept, Kanjirapally February, 1999
4. Njayarazhcha Acharanam SabhaJeevithathil (Study on Dies Domini) Joseph Perumthottam(ed.), Visuddha Qurbana:
Koottaymayude Sakthiyuk Srothassum, Vol. 2, May 20, 2000, pp.31-56
5. Njayarazhcha Acharanam, Leaflet Catechetical Centre, Kanjirapally, Feb. 2000.
6. “Family Year” , Satna Samachar
7. Manushika Pravruthi: Oru Dharmika Vichinthanam, (Human Act: A Moral Theological Reflection, Scaraia Kanyakonil, (ed.)
Dharmika Deiva Sasthram, OIRSI, Kottyam, 2008, pp.347-371.
8. “John Paul II and His Major Concerns: An Overview”, J. Koodapuzha (ed.), John Paul II: Prophet of Life, Ephrems’ Publications, Satna, 2009, 1-16.
9. “Laborem Exercens and the Labour Question”, J. Koodapuzha (ed.), John Paul II: Prophet of Life, Ephrems’ Publications, Satna, 2009, 100-120.
10. “The Theological and Moral Implications of Caritas in Veritate”,Ephrems Theological Journal: Vol. 13 No.2 October 2009, pp.124-134.
11. “Swavarga Rathi: Oru Dharmika Prasnam”, Jeevadooth, Kanjirapally Diocese, 2010.
12. Viswasathil Nilanilkanum Viswasathil Valaranum, Leaflet, ViswasaValarcha Varsham, 2011, Pastoral Animation Dept. Kanjirapally.
13. Daya Illatha DayaVadham, in Jeevadoothu, Publication of Kanjirapally Diocese, April, 2011.
14. “The Principle of Subsidiarity and the Magisterial Perception of its Relevance and Viability in the Church”,
Malabar Theological Journal Vol 6, No.2, 2011, pp.162-184).
15. “Poshana – Aikyadartya Siddhanthangal Sabhadarshanathilum, Sabhajeevithathilum”, S. Kannyakonil & M. Alappattumedayil (ed.),
Sabhayude SamoohyaPrabodhanam, OIRSI, Kottayam, 2011, pp.58-68.
16. The Anthropological Axis of Thomas Christian Theology, A. Mekkattukunnel (ed.), Mar Thomas Margam, OIRSI, Kottayam, 2012, 652-659.
17. “The Spiritual and Theological Traditions of the Eastern Churches in the Light of Orientale Lumen”, J.Koodapuzha (ed.), Church in the Orient:
Festschrift in Honour of Prof. Dr. Xavier Koodapuzha, Good Shepherd Books, Kunnoth, 2012, 76-97.
18. “The Principle of Subsidiarity in the Documents of Vatican II”, Malabar Theological Review,Vol. 7, No.2 (2012), pp.83-101.
19. Gaudium et Spes: Roopeekarananthinte Charithra Paschathalam
20. Dignitatis Humane: the history of its formation and the theological perceptions
21. “Church on the Road to Inter-Religious Dialogue: Prospects and Possibilities”, T. Padiyath (ed.), Star from the East:
Festschft in Honour of Archbishop Joseph Powathil, Media Book, New Delhi, 2014, 613-632.
22. “Dignitatis Humanae of Vatican II: A Claim for freedom for the Church calls for Freedom within the Church”, S. Kannyakonil (ed.),
New Horizons in Christian Ethics:Reflections from India, ATC, Bangalore, 2014, 153-170.
23. “Marriage and Family: A Call to discipleship”, Anuyathra 5/1 (Jan. 2014), 7-21.
24. Moral Theologians Meet in Papal Seminary Poona, November 20-23, 2015.
25. “Development and Protection of Nature: Basic Insights”, Laudato Si, Paritsthikkoru Samakalikabhashyam, OIRSI, Kottayam, 2016.
1. Paper Presented on 16 July 2010, Samanwaya college, Bhopal on the Theme: Faith in the Service of Life in connection with the year of Life.
2. Paper Presented on 5th Nov. 2013 in the 48th LRC Research Seminar “Recapturing the Spirit of Vatican II in the Year of Faith” at Archiepiscopal Centre, Kakkanad. Theme; Idenity, Right and Rite in the Light of Orientalium Ecclesiarum of Vatican II”.
3. Paper Presented in the Meeting of the Moral Theologians in India on “Human Dignity and Dignitatis Humanae of Vatican II” at St. Vincent’s Retreat House at Gopalpur on Sea from 25-27 October 2013.
4. Paper Presented at Renewal Centre Kaloor Ernakulam on “Marriage: A Call to Discipleship” on 21st December 2013.
5. Paper Presented at Dharmaram College, Bangalore on “Reception of Orientalium Ecclesiarum with special reference to Syro Malabar Church”, on Sept. 4-6.
6. Paper Presented on “Justice and Peace in Catholic Social Teaching”, All India Moral Theologians Meet in Papal Seminary Poona, November 20-23, 2015.
7. Series of Talks: KAVALVILAKKU: Questions in Moral Theology, in the Diocese of Kanjirapally (2015-2016)
8. Paper Presented in Kalyan in connection with the “Symposium on Life” named as “Witness in the Family” on the theme Celebration
of Nuptial Mystery in the light of the Magisterium from Nov. 30 to December 2, 2017.
9. Challenges in Moral decision Making in the life of the New Wedded Couple; Seminar paper for the Pre-Cana Course held at
Diocesan Headquarters, Sreepuram, Kannur; March 21, 2018
10. Catechetical Formation in the Contemporary Church and Personality of Christ: seminar to the Head Teachers of the Sunday
Schools of Thalassery diocese : June 20, 2018
1. “Proclaiming the Joy of the Gospel as Renewed Evagelizers in Asia” Meeting of the FABC at Pattaya, Thailand from Nov. 10-15, 2014.
2. “Doing Catholic Theological Ethics in a Cross-Cultural and Interreligious Asian Context” at Dharmaram Vidyakshetram, 17-20 July 2015.
Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth,
Kiliyanthara, Kannur Dist, Kerala 670706