Prof. John Chathanatt, SJ
1991: Ph.D. University of Chicago, Chicago, U.S.A. [DISSERTATION: Two Paradigms of Liberative
Transformation: Approaches to Social Action in the Theological Ethics of Gandhi and Gutierez]
|Institution||Jesuit Residence, St. Xavier’s School, 4 Rajniwas Marg, Delhi -110 054, INDIA|
1991: Ph.D. University of Chicago, Chicago, U.S.A. [DISSERTATION: Two Paradigms of Liberative
Transformation: Approaches to Social Action in the Theological Ethics of Gandhi and Gutierez]
1984: M.Th. Weston School of Theology, Boston, U.S.A. 1984.
1982: One Year of M.Phil (Economics) studies in Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
1980: B.Th. Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi
1978:M A. (Economics), University of Rajasthan
1975: B.Ph. Sacred Heart College, Shembaganur
1972: B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics and Statistics) University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
High School: N.S.S. High School, Makkapuzha, Pathanamthitta Dt., Kerala.
1991- Vidyajyoti, College of Theology, Delhi
Gyanoday, Patna; Tarunoday, Ranchi; Madurai RTC,Chennai; Calcutta; Jnana Bharati, Varanasi.
1997- Visiting Professor at Samanvaya, Theological College, Bhopal/ Rishikesh
2013-2014: Visiting Professor at JSTB, Berkeley, Santa Clara University, CA. USA,
2009-2014; 1993-94:Visiting Professor at J. D V, Pune
2004-2006: Visiting Professor at St. Charles Seminary, Nagpur
2005: Visiting Professor at Jain University, Ladnun, Rajasthan
1998: Visiting Professor at EAPI (East Asian pastoral Institute), Manila
1975-76: K.R. High School, Bettiah, Bihar (Regency)
Visiting Professor, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram (DVK), Bangalore
Visiting Professor at Seminary, Jallandhar
|Other Academic and Administrative Responsibilities||
Vice-Principal, Vidyajyoti College of Theology, 4A Rajniwas Marg, Delhi: 1992-1995.
Principal, Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi: 1998-2001
Principal, Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi: 2007-2009
Superior and Vice-President, Indian Social Institute, 10 Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003: July 10, 2009 to May 15, 2013
Research Director & HOD of Human Rights and Law Unit - Indian Social Institute, New Delhi -110 003: November 16, 2009 to May 15, 2013.
Acting Executive Director, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi: 2012
Superior, Sahayog, St. Xavier’s School Campus, 4 Rajniwas Marg, Delhi – 110054: December 01, 2014 to June 15, 2020.
International Visiting Fellow Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., U.S.A, 2001- 2002.
Executive Member, Justice, Peace and Development Commission, Catholic Bishop’s Conference of India (CBCI), 1992 – 2009.
Member Justice and Peace Commission, Arch-Diocese of Delhi. 1993-2008.
President, Association of Moral Theologians of India 2005-2009.
International Exchange Scholar, Santa Clara University, CA. USA, 2013-2014.
Member: Ethical Committee, Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi. 2013 onwards
Co-ordinator, South Asia Assistancy for GIAN (Global Ignatian Advocacy Network) for Education, 2015-2018. Chairman, Governing Body, Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi. 2016-2020
Member Governing Board, Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi, January 2020 onwards
Member of Organizations: The Indian Theological Association (ITA); Association of Moral Theologians of India (AMTI); People's Forum for Secularism; Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace and Democracy (PIPFPD); Insaani Ekta Muhim (Campaign for People’s Solidarity); International Association for Christian Social Teaching; International Consultant, Global Ethics and Religion Forum, Los Angeles, U.S.A; International Association of Moral Theologians of the World, Boston, USA; Executive Committee and Founding Member, Creative Theory Group – an interdisciplinary Community of Intellectuals, JNU, New Delhi; Founding Member, Peace and Dialogue Initiative, Delhi.
Editorial Board –Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection: 1991- 2009.
Editorial Board: Asian Horizons: Dharmaram Journal of Theology: 2007 – 2014
Editor: Legal News and Views (A Monthly publication, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi) May 2009 to May 2013.
Guest Editor: Social Action (A Quarterly published from Indian Social Institute, New Delhi), – The July-August-September 2012 Issue.
Theology of Marriage
|List of Publications Books||
1. Songs of Silence: Christians in Nation Building, Fr. S. Arokiasamy, S. J. & John Chathanatt, S. J. (Editors), New Delhi: CBCI Publication, Media House, 2000.
2. Gandhi and Gutierrez: Two Paradigms of Liberative Transformation, New Delhi: Decent Publishers, 2004.
3. Wounded History: Religion, Conflict, Psyche and Social Healing, John Chathanatt & Manindra N. Thakur (Editors), New Delhi: Media House, 2006.
4. Silent Waves: Contribution of the Catholic Church to Nation Building,John Chathanatt, S.J. & Dr. Jaya Peter (Editors) – Bangalore: Claretian Publications, 2012.
5. Unto the Margins: Pope Francis and His Challenges (Editor). Delhi: Media House & Claretian Publications, Bangalore, 2013.
6. Social Development Policy of Caritas India, New Delhi: March 2013
7. Poverty and Hunger: The Millenium Development Goal in the Global and Indian Context John Joseph & John Chathanatt, New Delhi: Indian Social Institute, 2014.
8. Economic Growth, Democracy and Human Development: In Reference to MGNREGA & Panchayati Raj Institutions, John Joseph & John Chathanatt, Bangalore: Claretian Publications, 2016.
|List of Publications Books||
1. "Interdependent Solidarity: A Fresh Look at Solicitudo Rei Socialis," in East Asian Pastoral Review, 1989.
2. "The Magnificat: A Hymn of Liberation" in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, Volume 56, No. 12, December 1992, Pp 653-658.
3. "Christian Spirituality and Justice: Towards a Socio-relational Spirituality," in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, Volume 59, No. 5, May 1995, Pp 319-331.
4. "Debt and Development: Memory and Hope" in Caritas India Quarterly, Vol. 46. 2/1996, April-June, 1996, Pp 46-54.
5. "Upon This Foundation: Gandhian Foundational Bases for Social Transformation" in Liberating the Vision, Centre for Contemporary Theology, LSU College, Southampton, England: 1996, Pp 35-57.
6. "I Will Build My Ramarajya: The Gandhian Goal of Liberative Transformation," in Liberating the Vision, Centre for Contemporary Theology, LSU College, Southampton, England: 1996, Pp 58-70.
7. "Reclaiming Our Vintage Values: This Hour of the Economic History of India", in Jeevadhara, Vol XXVI No. 156, November 1996, Pp 435-456.
8. "The South Asian Context: An Analysis of the Situation" in Characteristics of Jesuit Social Action,(DRAFT DOCUMENT) 1997.
9. "Songs of the Soul - Hymns of Liberation" in Indian Currents, Oct. 4-10, 1997.
10. "BHARAT"' Vs "INDIA": The New Economic Policy and the Marginalized" in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, November 1997, Pp 816-830.
11. "This Hour of Our Indian Economic History: A Value Analysis", in The Souvenir, Aligarh Muslim University Old Boy's Association, Bhopal, M.P. 1997, Pp 35-46.
12."Gandhi’s Dream Bharat Vs Present Day India” in India: 50 Years of Independence: 1947-97, Status, Growth & Development (Ed.) Dr. Suman Khanna Aggarwal, Delhi: B.R. Publishing Corporation, 1999, Pp 163-180.
13. "India in the New Millennium: A Gandhian Vision” in International Policy Review, (Ed. Bruce Corrie, Concordia University-Saint Paul, MN.USA.): Winter 1997, Pp 111-118.
14. “Globalisation Virus: An Ethical Scanning”, in Third Millennium, Vol III, No.3. April-June, 2000, Pp 6-23.
15. “Human Rights: A Historical Overview”, in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, February 2001, Pp 111-122.
16. “Unshaken faith: How shall we witness God in earthquakes?” in The Indian Express, February 15, 2001, p. 8.
17. “God’s Message in Earthquake”, in Indian Currents, February 25, 2001, Pp 37-38.
18. “Religion and Social Violence: The Manipulation of Religion for Personal Ends,” in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, August 2002, Pp 665-673.
19. Introduction to the Book, Gujarat 2002: Untold and Retold Stories of the Hindutva Lab, Edited by John Dayal, Media House, Delhi, 2002.
20. Use of Wealth and Human Relationships” (article in Malayalam), in Satyadeepam, March 31, 2004.
21. “Reflect and Respond: Envisioning a New India,” Part I, in Indian Currents, November 7, 2004.
22. “Reflect and Respond: Envisioning a New India,” Part II, in Indian Currents, November 14, 2004.
23. Editorial, “Towards Soft Frontiers”, Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, July 2005, Pp. 481- 485.
24. “Human Rights and People Living with HIV/AIDS,” in Health in abundance, Vol. IV. No.1. January – March 2006.
25. “Courage to be Human,” in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, January 2006, Pp 24-28.
26. “Introduction” in Wounded History: Religion, Conflict, Psyche and Social Healing, Delhi: Media House, 2006.
27. “Wounded History & Social Healing: South Asian Experience,” in Jivan, September 2006.
28. “An Ethical Analysis of Globalisation from an Indian Perspective” in Applied Ethics in a World Church: The Padua Conference, Linda Hogan (Editor) New York: Orbis Books, 2008, Pp 21-31.
29. “Globalisation and Its Impact on Society Challenges to the Church,” in Third Millennium: Indian Journal of Evangelization, XII (2009) 2, April-June, 2009, Pp 58-92.
30. “Christian Moral Life” Lesson written for the VJ Correspondence Course, August 27, 2009.
31. “Caritas in Veritate and Integral Human Development: A Critical Appraisal” in Asian Horizons: Dharmaram Journal of Theology, Vol. 3. No. 2, December 2009, Pp.90-102.
32. “The Policy and Politics of the Special Economic Zones: An Ethical Analysis.” In Theology of Economics in The Globalized World: Indian Approaches, Edited by Jacob Parappally & Antony Kaliath. Bangalore: Indian Theological Association & Asian Trading Corporation, 2010.
33. “Theology” in ACPI Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Vol.II. Editor in Chief Johnson J. Puthempurackal, Bangalore:Asian Trading Corporation, 2010, Pp 1385-1387.
34. “Naxal Violence and State Response” in Subalterns, January 2010, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi.
35. “Violence and Beyond: A Search for an Alternative,” Social Action, July-Sept, 2010, Pp. 273-285.
36. “Option for the Poor: Review, Challenges and Implications,” in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection. Vol. 75, No.3, March 2011.
37. Editorial, “Clean Drinking Water and Sanitation as a Human Right,” Legal News and Views, Vol. 25. No.9, September 2011.
38. “Concern over Corruption, Legal Measures and Limitations of Law,” Mainstream, Vol.XLIX.No.43, October 15, 2011, Pp. 6-7.
39. “Law, Order and Justice: Exploring the Foundations,” in Legal News and Views, Vol. 25: No.12, December, 2011, Pp 2-4.
40. “India – A Scamstan? An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of Corruption” in Social Action, October-November-December 2011, Pp 350-361.
41. “Human Rights: Nature, Bases and Implications; Searching the Foundations, “ in Legal News and Views, Vol. 26. No. 1. January 2012, Pp. 2- 4.
42. “NGOs and Social Transformation”, in Subaltern, April-May-June, 2012, New Delhi,110 003.
43. Editorial – Social Action, July-Aug-Sept-2012.
44. Editor: Legal News and Views (A Monthly publication. Published for the last 26 years from Indian Social Institute, New Delhi). August 2009 –May 2013.
45. Guest Editor: Social Action – The July-August-September 2012 Issue - (A Quarterly published from Indian Social Institute).
46. “The Indian Experiences in the Globalised World Lessons for Peace and Justice,” In International Symposium, Peace and Justice in the Global Age. Sali Augustine, Tokyo: Sophia School Corporation Catholic Centre, 2013. Pp. 13-35.
47. “Religious resurgence in contemporary India: The reality of Secularization.,” in Atheism, Secularism, Fundamentalism and Religious Dialogue as Challenges of Global Society. Sali Augustine, Tokyo: Sophia University, 2013. Pp 31-40.
48. “Religious Dialogue in the Multi-Religious India: Lessons for Peaceful Co-existence,” in Atheism, Secularism, Fundamentalism and Religious Dialogue as Challenges of Global Society. Sali Augustine, Tokyo: Sophia University, 2013. Pp 87-100.
49. “The Right to Quality Education for all in the Indian context and the initiatives of the Jesuits in India.” February 2016. For www.edujesuit.org; See https://edujesuit.org/category/editorial-en/
50. “Pope Francis and India: Mutual Enrichment and Challenges,” Chapter 12 of the Book, When Theology and Politics Meet: Pope Francis as a Global Actor, Edited by Alynna J. Lyon, Christine A. Gustafson, and Paul Christopher Manuel, Washington: Palgrave Studies in Religion, Politics, and Policy, Springer Nature (Palgrave Macmillan), 2018. Pp 245-266.
51. “Evolving Identity of Indian Nation: Challenges and Responses,” A Chapter in the book, from the Indian Theological Association, 2018.
52. “Education as Mission: Challenges to the Governance and Leadership in Higher Education in India Today,” in Third Millennium, Vol. XI. No.4. October-December 2018. Pp 55-66.
53. “Upon These We shall Build our Social Questioning: A Search for a Theological Basis and Method in our Social Engagements”, A Chapter in Jesus The Human Face of God, Cyril Kuttiyanikkal (Editor), Delhi: ISPCK, 2019, Pp 225-244.
54. Liberation Theology as a Contextual Reading of the Bible: A Theologizing Process, in Fragmented Cross”Expendable Theological Visions, by Benny Thettayil (Editor), Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications (No. 477), 2020, Pp 105-123.
55.”Law should Enhance Justice” in Indian Currents, Vol. XXXIII. No. 2, 6-12 January, 2020, Pp 26-28.
56. “Law, Love, Justice” (Malayalam) in Ezhuthu, Vol. 5, No. 3, January 2020, p. 82.
|Papers Presented, Talks Given And Workshops Conducted||
1. "Ethical Climate in U.S. Business: Now and fifty years ago," in the General Motors Intercollegiate Business Understanding Program, Detroit, U.S.A. 1984.
2. "Present Economic Policy in India: The Perception of the Poor and the Marginalised," given at the CRI, Ranchi Unit and at the Economics Society, Dept. of Economics, St. Xavier's College, Ranchi, Bihar. November, 1994.
3. "Social Teaching of the Church in the Indian Context", Two talks given at the National Seminar on The Church and World Development, (ln Collaboration with the International Association for Christian Social Teaching, Geneva), St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, February 24-26, 1995.
4. "Justice and Spirituality," two presentations at Anglican Brotherhood, Delhi, March 12 & 26, 1995.
5. "Our lack of "Sociality" in Contemporary India", given at the Value Education Seminar, St. Bede's College, University of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, August 16, 1995.
6. "Our Mission in Focus," Given at the Delhi Jesuit Region Meet, Dec. 28, 1995.
7. "Church's Response to the Present Economic Situation in India," Talk given at the Networking for Justice, Peace and Development, (Organized by the Commission for Justice, Peace and Development of the CBCI,), Bangalore, April II, 1996.
8. a. "Upon This Foundation: Gandhian Foundational Bases for Social Transformation'', and b. " I Will Build My Ramarajya: The Gandhian Goal of Liberative Transformation," Papers presented in the Summer School Seminar on Liberating the Vision, Centre for Contemporary Theology, LSU College, Southampton, England. May, 1996.
9. "Reclaiming Our Vintage Values: This Hour of the Economic History of India," Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association of Moral Theologians of India, Kottayam, Kerala, September, 1996.
10. "This Hour of Our Indian Economic History: A Value Analysis", Paper presented at the Navchetna Forum for Value Education, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. 1997.
11. "Value Analysis of the Present Economic System in India Today", Two talks given at the Department of Social Work, University of Delhi, September 19 & 26, 1997.
12. “Challenges Facing India Today,” two talks given at the Caritas India Meeting, Eloor, Andhra Pradesh, August 28-29, 1998.
13. Globalisation and Liberalisation: A Value Analysis” Two Talks given at the Department of Social Work, University of Delhi, September 1998.
14. Religion and Violence,” Talk at the National Defence College, Delhi, January 20, 1999.
15. “Empowering Women through Education”, Talk at Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi, February 18, 1999.
16. “India Today,” two Talks at the Justice & Peace Commission, Guwahati Diocese, Guwahati, Assam, April 6, 1999.
17. “This Hour of History and our Spirituality”, a series of talks given to the Principals of Schools, Hazaribagh, Bihar June 1-4, 1999.
18. “On Globalisation” Paper presented at the Association of Moral Theologicans, Hederabad, September 28, 1999.
19. “Globalisation and Indian Planning,” Talk given at the Department of Social Work, University of Delhi, September 1999.
20. “Major Ethical Issues and Church’s Mission Today,” Two talks at the Ecumenical Gatherings, Delhi, March 18 & 25, 2000.
21. “ Tryst with India”, talk given in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, August 2000.
22. “Spirituality without Religion? Whose Spirituality? Whose Religion? Whose Question? “ talk given at the Seminar on Violence Mitigation and Amelioration Project” of Oxfam, Indian Social Institute, Delhi, September 2000.
23. “Meaning of Christmas Today,” Talk given to the Naga students at the University of Delhi, December 2000.
24. “Human Rights, Religion, & Minority Rights”, talk given at Developing Countries Research Centre, University of Delhi, March, 2001.
25. “Poverty a Theological Reflection,” 2 talks given at the Woodstock Theological Center, Georgetown University, Washington D.C. August & October, 2001.
26. “Debt and Development: Memory and Hope” 2 talks given at the Woodstock Theological Center, Georgetown University, Washington D. C., January & March, 2002
27. “Religion and Social Violence” talk given at a Conference on Religion and Human Dignity: Perspectives from the World Religions,” April 29-30, 2002. in Loyola Mary Mount University, Los Angeles, U.S.A. April 2002.
28. Talk on Globalisation in the School of Social Work, University of Delhi, September 2002.
29. “Challenges of being a Christian in the North East”. Talk given at the Pastoral Centre, Guwahati, October 2002.
30. Workshop: On Globalisation. To the Jesuits of Malaysia-Singapore Region, Singapore, November 2002.
31. Workshop on Globalisation. To High School Teachers, Goa, July 2003.
32. “Religion and Peace” Talk given at YMCA, New Delhi, August 2, 2003.
33. “Being a Religious Today”, Talk given at the Capuchin Center, Delhi, September 11, 2003.
34. “On Globalisation” Talk given at Navajyoti Niketan, Patna. October 4, 2003
35. “Our Response to Globalisation”, Talk given at the Regional Theology Center, Patna, October 6, 2003
36. “On Religion and Peace”, Talk at the Center for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi, November 2003.
37. “The Situation in India Today”, Talk at the Justice, Peace and Development Commission, CBCI, New Delhi, December 2003.
38. Response to Paper on “Religious Roots of Violence”, Conference on Religion and Peace, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, January 2004.
39. “Religious Communities, Civil Society and the State: Challenges and Opportunities – An India of Tomorrow”. Talk given at the Peace, Justice and Development Commission, Workshop, Mumbai, January 2004.
40. Workshop “Toward a Social Spirituality”, Vedruna Sisters, Ahmedabad, February 2004.
41. “Doing Theology in India Today”, Talk at the Regional Theology Centre, Varanasi, July 1, 2004.
42. A Series of ten Talks on “Globalisation and its effects in the Indian Context” to the Congregation of the Redemptorists, August 23-27, 2004.
43. “The Developmental Debate: An Integral Response”, talk given at the North Indian Pastoral Council, Trinity College, Jallandhar. August 28, 2004.
44. Talk on “Redeeming the Human: A Glance at Liberation Theology” Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi, September 2005.
45. Kurukshetra. “Challenges to the Church in India Today” part I, II and III. Talks to the Congregation of the Indian Missionary Society (IMS) Province, Kurukshetra. September 18-19, 2005.
46. “Church’s Mission in India Today: Challenges and Opportunities” Part I, II and III. Talks to the IMS in Varanasi, October 8-9, 2005.
47. A series of 5 talks on Theology and Theologizing, Cultures East & West, Sisters of Nazareth, Kentucky, USA, June 2006.
48. “Globalization and the Marginalized: An Ethical Analysis from an Indian Perspective” (paper presented at the First International Cross Cultural Conference on Catholic Theological Ethics at Padua, Italy, July 8-11, 2006.
49. “World Religions: Changing perceptions of Ethical Values” Talk at the Centre for the Study of Comparative Religions and Civilizations, Jamia Millia Islamia (University), Delhi, August 23, 2006.
50. “Contemporary Challenges to Christian Witnessing” Paper presented at the National Mission Seminar on Christian Witnessing and the New Challenges in the Changing Scenario of India Today. Bhopal: September 26 – 28, 2006.
51. A series of 6 talks on Theology and Theologizing, Cultures East & West, Sisters of Nazareth, Mokameh, Bihar, November 2006.
52. “Women Empowerment” A talk given at the New Delhi YMCA, February 2007.
53. “Challenges and Opportunities to Christian Higher Education in the context of Globalisation: An Indian perspective” Talk given at B.Ed. College Gorakhpur, March, 2007.
54. Teaching at Vidyajyoti Collge of Theology, a Course on Christian Commitment. March 8-19, 2009.
55. Presented a paper on “Special Economic Zones in the Age of Globalisation: The Indian Experience,” at the Meeting of the Association of Moral Theologians of India, Vadavathoor, Kottayam, Kerala, April 25-29, 2009.
56. “Option for the Poor: Review, Challenges and Implications” Paper presented at the National Seminar on Building Inclusive Communities through Dalit Empowerment, NBCLC, Bangalore – 2009.
57. Gave a Course on Social Analysis and Social Spirituality: SCJM College students, at Una. HP. Jume 4-13, 2009
58. Recollection Talk to CBCI-CRI persons at Gol Dak Khana, New Delhi. “The Prophetic Call of the Priesthood for Today” September 4, 2009
59. “Writing Research Proposal” – Part I. & Part II.: Two Televised talks for University students- given at CEC (Consortium For Educational Communication - An Inter University Centre of University Grants Commission on Electronic Media; New Delhi. September 8-9, 2009.
60. “The Policy and Politics of Special Economic Zones: An Ethical Analysis,” Paper Presented: at the Indian Theological Association, October 2-4, 2009
61. “The Challenges of Priesthood Today in India” Talk given to all the Clergy of the Arch Diocese of Delhi, New Delhi, December, 2009.
62. Talk given to SDB Directors of Field Work on “Effective Writing of a Project, and Its Implementation.” Don Bosco, New Delhi, January 11, 2010.
63. Talk to all the Pastors of Delhi Arch-diocese on “The Prophetic Character of our Work in India Today.” January 19, 2010.
64. Gave a Workshop on Social Analysis for the sisters on Holy Family. Gurgaon, January 23-24, 2010.
65. “Christian understanding of life, death and new life after death.” Talk given at the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi, February 6, 2010
66. Seminar on Education in the Institute of Higher Learning. In Jivaji University, Gwalior. March 19-21, 2010.
67. Paper presented, “Social Responsibility of the Institutes of Higher Learning”, Jivaji University, Gwalior, March 20, 2010.
68. Gave Three Televised Talks on “Globalisation and Its Effects on India,” Organised by the Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), New Delhi. March 29, 30, & 31, 2010.
69. Workshop given to the Pastors of Bijnor Diocese, on “Challenges to the establishment of a Society of Equals in India Today in the Age of Globalisation and Fundamentalism”April 6-9, 2010.
70. Conducted Workshop at Ranchi to State level delegates from Jharkhand on “Peace and Conflict Resolution”. April 12-13, 2010.
71. Conducted Workshop on Social Analysis/ Social Spirituality to College students of the Congregation of Holy Spirit, at Indore, May 16-21, 2010.
72. “Integral and Sustainable Development: An Ethical Analysis.” Paper presented at the Trento International Conference of Moral Theologians of the World, July 24 – 28, 2010, (Catholic Theological Ethics in the World: In the Currents of History: from Trent to the Future).
73. Taught a three-credit course on Social Teachings of the Church and Economics and Ethics to Vidyajyoti students August 2010.
74. “Contextual Theologizing as Communication,” Paper presented at the International Conference at Finis Terra University, Santiago, Chile, September 6 – 11, 2010.
75. “Society and Social Change” Televised Lecture on TV at CEC, October 13, 2010.
76. Gave Three Talks on “Foundations and Fundamentals of Christianity” at a Seminar on “Towards a Future of Knowledge, Understanding and Interreligious Collaboration,” Co-hosted by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar & The Elijah Interfaith Institute, Jerusalem. November 27-29, 2010.
77. Lecture on “Christianity and Culture in the Indian Context” to the Inter-Cultural Group of International Students. At Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, January 3, 2011.
78. Gave a talk on “The Economic Status of the (Christian) Minorities in India” at a Seminar at YMCA, New Delhi, January 25, 2011.
79. Gave a Talk to the CRI at Gaziabad, on “Religious Calling: Challenges and Responses in the Indian Context.” February 6, 2011.
80. Televised Lecture on TV at CEC on “The Role of Civil Society and NGOs in the Societal Change and the Transformation Process” February 10, 2011.
81. Gave a Talk on “Beyond Tolerance to Acceptance: Ways of Promoting National Integration” in a Panel Discussion/Seminar organized by IIC and Prakash Foundation at IIC on “How to Strengthen Interfaith Harmony & National Integration.” May 28, 2011.
82. Gave a talk on “Beyond Tolerance to Acceptance: Ways of Promoting National Integration” in a Seminar organized by IIC and Prakash Foundation at IIC, New Delhi, on June 28, 2011.
83. Gave a Talk on the ‘Pluralistic structure of India’, at the Consultation Meeting with Educators from the U S (West) on Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad Program at the Taj Hotel, Mansing Road, New Delhi, organized by the United States-India Educational Foundation on July 2, 2011.
84. Taught a three-credit course to Vidyajyoti students on the Social Teachings of the Church and Economics and Ethics, August 2011.
85. Gave a Workshop on Social Analysis & Indian Situation in a Globalised world to CMI Students, at Rishikesh. November 21-26, 2011.
86. Gave a One day Workshop on “Challenges for a New Vision in India Today”. CJ Sisters, Nainital, December 17-18, 2011.
87. Gave two Workshops on “Challenges for a New Vision in India Today” to CJ Sisters, at Jhansi and Delhi on January 21 & 28, 2012.
88. Gave two workshop Sessions on Social Analysis – the Indian Context, to College students, Holy Family Sisters, Gurgaon, Haryana, Feb 11, Feb 25, 2012.
89. Attended and gave a talk at the two-day National Seminar at Vidyajyoti, Delhi, on “Two Decades of New Economic Policy – A View from Below” on February 17-18, 2012.
90. Gave two Talks on “Writing a Research Project” to the Participants of Research Methodology Course, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi. 110 003. February 20-25, 2012.
91. Gave two Talks on “Hind Swaraj and Conflict Resolution,” at Swaraj Peeth Seminar, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, March 26-29, 2012.
92. Presented a paper on “Concern over Corruption: A Theological-Ethical Analysis,” at the Conference on Moral and Ethical Issues, at Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore, July 12-15, 2012.
93. A Talk on “Religious Dialogue in the Multi-Religious India: Lessons for Peaceful Co-existence.” Given at the Institute of Asian Studies, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan. Tuesday. November 6, 2012.
94. A Talk on “Religious resurgence in contemporary India: The reality of Secularization.” Given at the Institute of Asian studies, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan. Friday, November 9, 2012.
95. Presented a paper on “The Indian Experiences in the Globalised World Lessons for Peace and Justice.” Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan. November 10, 2012.
96. Talk on “Proclamation of the Good News for a Better India: Missiological Perspective.” At a Seminar on The Role of the Syro-Malabar Church for Nation Building. Constitution Club, New Delhi. Saturday, November 17, 2012.
97. Talk on Research Method in the Context of Doing Theology and Ethical Analysis to the Masters and Ph.D. students at Jesuit School of Theology, Santa Clara University at Berkeley, California, USA. Nov. 14, 2013.
98. Talk on “Contextual Theology & Integrating Theology and Ministry”, given to the M. Div. students, Jesuit School of Theology, Berkeley, California, April 16, 2014.
99. Talk on “The Rites in the Catholic Church,” to the Catholics, Syro-Malabar Church, Washington DC, May 17, 2014.
100. Taught a 3 Credit Course to the Ph.D. and Masters students at Jesuit School of Theology, Santa Clara University, on “Paradigms of Liberation: Gandhi, Ambedkar and Gutierrez”, Spring Semester, 2014.
101. Talk on “The Millennium Goals and Hunger in India” Sophia University, Tokyo, July 9, 2014.
102. Talk on “Religious Tensions in the World: The Case of India in the aftermath of the Elections 2014” Sophia University, Tokyo. July 14, 2014.
103. Taught a course on Social Analysis and Social Spirituality to the SCJM Tertians, Delhousie, August 25-Sept. 5, 2014.
104. Taught a course on Social Spirituality to the Vedruna (CCV) Tertians, Ahmedabad, October 5 - 12, 2014.
105. Taught a course to the M.Th students at JDV, Pune, on “Socio-Economic Order: A Theological Analysis”, November 2-16, 2014.
106. Taught a Course on “Social Teachings of the Church” to B.Th. Students, Samanvya, Rishikesh, November 23-29, 2014.
107. Talk on “Mother Mary: Mother and Model of the Church” to CJ sisters at Nainital, December 13, 2014.
108. Talk on the “Role of the Laity in the Church” to the Catholic Laity of Delhi Arch Diocese, Organized by the All India Catholic Union, March 1, 2015.
109. Workshop on “Social Spirituality” to the College Students, Varanasi, May 18-22, 2015.
110. Attended a meeting of Jesuit Educators at Jorbagh, New Delhi, June 20, 2015.
111. A Talk given to the Japanese University Students, from Sophia University, Tokyo, on “India and her Cultural Heritage,” Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, August 5, 2015.
112. A Talk on “the Mercy of God” to the delegates of the CBCI Labour Commission Meeting, NRC Delhi, November 6, 2015.
113. Talk on Laudato Si and Misericordiae Vultus to the Delhi Jesuits, December 29, 2015.
114. Conducted a Workshop on the “Socio-economic and Cultural analysis of India,” in the light of the Social and Ethical Teachings of the Church. January 25-February 3, 2016.
115. Talk on “the Mercy of God” to CRI in Jhansi, February 20, 2016.
116. Conducted a Workshop on “Social Spirituality” to College Students, Gurgaon, February 24-26, 2016.
117. Paper presented on “The Economic Growth, Democracy and Integral Human Development: The Challenge of Christian Ethos in India Today,” at the Academic Conference on the Influence of the Bible on India, NRC, Delhi, April 13-15, 2016.
118. Workshop on Transformational Leadership, To the Superiors and Principals, SRA, Ranchi September 17-19, 2016.
119. Gave two talks to the M.A. and Ph.D. students in the Department of Political Science, JNU, on the Ontology, Epistemology, Cosmology and Anthropology in Christian Thinking, April 28, 2016.
120. Talk at TRACI to College students on “The Economic Challenges in the Context of India Today,” New Delhi, April 29-30, 2016.
121. Workshop given to College students on the “Socio-economic and Cultural analysis of India,” in the light of the Social and Ethical Teachings of the Church, Mokameh, May 30-June 3, 2016
122. Conducted a Workshop for SRA sisters on “Transformational Leadership,” in Frankfurt, Germany, October 15-17, 2016.
123. Conducted a Workshop on “Transformational Leadership,” in Vienna, Austria for the General Team of SRA, October 20-22, 2016.
124. Conducted a Workshop on the “Socio-economic and Cultural analysis of India,” to College students at Samanvya, Rishikesh, November 21-25, 2016.
125. Class on “Social Teachings of the Church” at Vidyajyoti College of Theology, February 13-24, 2017.
126. Two Talks to College students at TRACI, New Delhi, on “India Today: Challenges and opportunities,” April 20, 2017.
127. Workshop conducted on Transformational Leadership, to Priests and Sisters Calicut, Kerala, May 2, 2017.
128. Workshop conducted to the Principals and Superiors, SRA, Varanasi, on Transformational Leadership, August 25-27, 2017.
129. Class and Workshops for the College students, of Franciscan Brothers, on Social Teachings and Social Spirituality, Bangalore, September 18-29, 2017.
130. Conducted a Conference on Education as Mission, along with Dr. Nalini Abraham, at NRC, Delhi, and presented a paper on, “Biblical Vision of Education,” October 14, 2017.
131. Workshop on “Theology of Liberation,” to Students, Samanvaya, Rishikesh, October 30 -November 3, 2017.
132. Paper presented, “Education as a Mission: Challenges to the Building of Educational Institutions That Matters” at AIACHE (All India Association of Christian Higher Education) National Seminar on New Trends in Governance and Leadership in Higher Education in India, New Delhi, November 16-17, 2017.
133. Organized a workshop on Media as Mission, at Navjivan Renewal Centre, February 20, 2018.
134. Workshop conducted to SRA Sisters on Challenge of Leadership. Lucknow. February 25-28, 2018.
135. Class on Social Teachings of the Church, Students of Vidyajyoti College of Theology, February 12-16, & March 5-9, 2018.
136. Keynote Address given at the Jesuit Zonal Educatior’s Meeting at Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, on “Education as a Mission: Challenges to the Building of Educational Institutions That Matter,” April 16, 2018.
137. Presented a paper at ITA, Bangalore (April 26-29, 2018), on “Evolving Identity of Indian Nation: A Historical Analysis,” April 26, 2018.
138. Talk given to North Indian Theology Students, at TRACI, New Delhi, May 4, 2018, on “Theological Challenges in India Today”.
139. Workshop conducted on Transformational Leadership to Superiors, CHF, Gurgaon, May 20-21, 2018.
140. Workshop Conducted on Creative Leadership to Superior General and Team, LST, Gorakhpur, June 6-8, 2018.
141. Gave a Talk on “The Need for Peace Education” at the Round Table on the “Christian World View on Education” at the Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, on August 25, 2018.
142. Panel Discussion on Peace and Reconciliation at Colloquium on Peace and Reconciliation, at JDV Pune, October 7-8, 2018.
143. Panel Discussion on the Situation of India Today, in Conference of the Association of Moral Theologians of India, Bangalore, October 19-21, 2018.
144. Round Table Meeting organized at St. Stephen’s College, Discussion on the Conference on Minorities and Nation Building. October 22, 2018.
145. Class on Theology of Liberation to Theology Students at Samanvaya, Rishikesh, October 29-November 7, 2018.
146. Talk given to Third Year students at Vidyajyoti on Ambedkar, December 5, 2018.
147. Class on Social Teachings of the Church, Students of Vidyajyoti College of Theology, January 28 - February 15, 2019.
148. Organized a “Social Healing Round Table” at the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), Rajpur Road, Delhi. On March 30, 2019.
149. Paper presented : “Liberation Theology as a Contextual Reading of the Bible: Doing Contextual Theology Today – A Theologizing Process” Samanvaya-Poornodaya, Bhopal, April 1-2, 2019.
150. Talk given at TRACI to the North Indian Theology Students on “The Problems that confronting us in India Today: An Ethical Analysis.” May 10, 2019.
151. Workshop given at Xavier School & College, Jamshedpur, on “Re-visioning Religious life in India Today” August 11, 2019.
152. Workshop conducted at the Diocesan Social Centre, Jallandhar, on “Transformational Leadership.” September 20-22, 2019.
153. Key Note Address, “Mahatma Gandhi and Nation Building: The Moral Challenges for us Today” at the National Workshop on Mahatma Gandhi and Nation Building, St. Xavier’s College, Jaipur, October 1-2, 2019.
154. Talk given to SRA Sisters in Hospital Ministry on “Suffering and its Theological Significance.” October 11, 2019.
155. Paper, “Fr. Sebastian Kappen in Search of a New Theological Methodology,” presented at the National Seminar on Sebastian Kappen, SJ, Renewal Centre, Azad Road, Kaloor, Ernakulam, Kerala, October 12, 2019.
156. Attended the Annual Conference of the Association of Moral Theologians of India, at Mahabalipuram, October 18-20, 2019.
157. Class on Theology of Liberation to Theology Students at Samanvaya, Rishikesh, October 21-30, 2019.
158. Talk given at the Annual Function of St. Xavier’s School at Bhiwadi, November 23, 2019.
159. Organized a Seminar on Wounded History and Social Healing – A Christian Reflection at Navjivan Renewal Centre (NRC), Delhi, and gave a talk on “Forgiveness, Reconciliation, Healing, Mercy and Merciful Love in the context of Woundedness, injustice and Structural sin”, November 30, 2019.
160. Talk given to the Third Year Theology Students on Ambedkar, December 2, 2019.
161. Class on Social Teachings of the Church, Students of Vidyajyoti College of Theology, January 27 - February 14, 2020.
162. Gave a Workshop on “Transformative Leadership” to the Bhopal Diocesan Social Workers, February 20-23, 2020.
|Address||Delhi, August 15, 2020|
|Mobile||+ 91- 9868 42 8308; 8383 82 8573|
|Email email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org|